30 May 2012

I came here to blog about our weekend, but that will have to wait. Right now my child is so tired he is laying on his little belly with his head resting on the mattress just crying. That miserable cry no one likes to listen too. The high pitched whinny one mixed with whales from time to time. We have hit a little speed bump in our lives. We have a schedule and it rocked, we were awesome at it until yesterday (maybe our little weekend vacation messed it up?). We would wake up between 6:30 and 9:00, Scott would eat, I would eat, Scott would play nicely in his cradle, bouncy seat or swing while I showered and got ready for the day. Around the time I would be ready (sometimes before then) He would be tried and ready for a nap. I would lay him in his crib and on a good day he would go right to sleep on a bad day he would fuss for 2-5 minutes and go to sleep after minimal soothing. After an hour or so nap he would wake up, eat, talk and play for an hour to an hour and a half then we would be on repeat until bedtime between 6:30 and 8:30 (depending on when he woke up from his last nap). Nights were getting almost too good to be true (they are still pretty good) and he is down to usually only waking up once. But now my little itty bitty baby has decided he no longer needs or wants to take naps. If I don't lay him down at the perfect moment we go through about 15 minutes of the cryings stage, with me or Jeremy going in to sooth him every minute or two. We feel he is still to young for "crying it out," he is still learning to trust us, but the only way to get him to sleep is to lay him down by himself. He does not sleep well being held, if you can get him to sleep it is a very fitful sleep. It makes Sundays very rough days. Occasionally Jeremy (or other relatives) can rock him to sleep, but he will not fall asleep with his Momma, unless it is at night. There have seriously been times at church where we have to find an empty class room and lay him on a blanket on the floor for him to go to sleep. Not only does he no longer go down for a nap well but he cries as soon as we walk in his bedroom. Who knew a three month old was so dang smart? Like I step into his room with his little sleepy head on my shoulder he lets out a little whine and then he cries. We do our little routine before laying him down, sway for a minute or two while humming or singing in his ear, I lay him down put his pacifier in his mouth with his little fist right next to it, tell him I love him and walk out. 30 seconds to a minutes later the crying continues. It is starting to wear us down, hopefully this is just a phase. I am sure by next week I will completely forget about the next couple days, I can hope right?

No comments:

Post a Comment